Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Road trip Wed at YA highway


 

 

 

Road Trip Wednesday #72: Lend Me Some Sugar, I Am Your Neighbour!


This Week's Topic:
Which book character would y

ou like most as a next door neighbour?


Neighbors - we all have them.

There's an old saying that good fences make good neighbors ----

Then there are the slight variations on those words - Such as my old neighbor

"Good fences - make good spots to sit stuff on fer target practice"    (neighbor's should be disclosed on the realtor listing LIKE meth labs!)

So out of the books I have read recently - who should I have?

Well - I have sort of had Haymitch on a golf cart - see above comment about fences.
I have had the fruitloop - who stands naked in the street at 4 am shouting that I am satan - while he pees on my fence. (different guy from drinking on a golf cart fun neighbor)

I have had Snoopy - well I still have her and her antique bi-plane that has a Red Baron friend - they are my favorite ------  they give rides in the loopy-loop planes.  (love you Pam) 

I am the-- don't mow my lawn til there are tunnels but will come out and help you dig your car out of the mud in the freezing rain neighbor.

I like off beat people for the most part - so I am pretty easy to get along with - so long as you keep your body functions on your side of the world - but never discount a neighbors stuff either - hot tubs and pools, tractors, saw collections are always a huge boon in the neighborly department.

Of course on the other end - rusted hulks in the yard and an affinity to rats may not be my idea of cute or charming.

So a quirky person with good stuff and most of his marbles is my ideal. 

I think Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle would be a fantasic neighbor - she quirky - has skills - doesn't mind if the kids bother her and well she's just adorable!


12 comments:

  1. Hehehe I actually never thought of this... I'm going to have to think about it a bit.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why can't I remember where Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle is from? And I love that photo of the fence made out of skis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We suspect my neighbor poisons the trees on the street, puts cat poop in people's mailboxes (no proof though...yet), and calls the cops on us for violations that don't really exist (most of the time). So yeah...neighbors, eh?

    But having a guy pee in your yard is worse

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can't choose our neighbors. *sighs* I've got one who's bitter over failed marriages and loves to torment others with cat poop in odd places and so on.

    Love that fence made of skiis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. Piggle Wiggle would be a cool neighbor. I love that ski fence. Also love Snoopy and the red baron plane. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww - Mrs. Piggle Wiggle! It's been a long time since I've seen that one. :)

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How funny! My neighbor gets drunk and rides his golf cart around the neighborhood, too! But he and his family are pretty much the best neighbors you can ask for, and funny too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. okay, who is this piggle wiggle? I feel left out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I second everyone who loves the ski fence. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait two of you have cat poop gifting neighbors? How does that become neighborly fashion? LOL - Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle was written by Betty MacDonald in 1947 - must read kid lit!

    http://www.amazon.com/Mrs-Piggle-Wiggle-Betty-MacDonald/dp/0064401480

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh, all of these comments makes me really appreciate my sweet little lady of a neighbor beside me! She'd never do any of these things.

    Great question--what character would I want for a neighbor? Hmmm, Jo of Little Women, maybe? We could talk writing together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've had some interesting neighbors.
    bethfred.com

    ReplyDelete